The Bridge Community Centre, as Stornoway YMCA is known locally, is a vibrant youth and community group on the Isle of Lewis.
Located at Bayhead Embankment in Stornoway, The Bridge Community Centre Youth Group aims to increase the amount of opportunities for young people to play and socialise in a safe environment that welcomes everybody. The centre also aims to:
- reduce bullying and alienation;
- improve confidence and self esteem in our users;
- empower users to make positive choices;
- provide structured activities and social opportunities;
- develop relationships aimed at providing opportunities for the young people to talk; and
- develop activities and projects based on the young people’s needs.
We are open to all young people in each year group at least once a week, see our Club Nights page for more details.